Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Welcome to the song of the month club!


No Longer HERO

When you go down to visit do your parents think
thank God it's him and not me?
I never got to tell them how I really felt
like they were my family
I did some terrible things that should have never been done,
but I also did things that helped you succeed
I bought you education and pushed you to study,
so you could someday have your dream

I know I'm the - HERO in your life anymore
But please don't make me into the Villain

I know it's not enough and I should have been more,
but I wasn't as quick as you to learn
But I want you to know I would have kept trying,
because it was your respect I wanted to earn
So now I sit alone just lamenting my loss
and wishing I had done more
I know you've moved on, I know you're with him,
I just hope you remember the good things I've done

I know I'm the - HERO in your life anymore
But please don't make me into the Villain

Because I Still...

No comments:

Post a Comment